Rail Tour - Sri Lanka Countryside
Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience, Rail Tour, Family friendly
This is a perfect tour for you to see the typical countryside of Sri Lanka by train. In this 4-day tour, you will take the train from Colombo to Kandy and Nuwara Eliya. The entire journey will give you an unforgettable experience with wonderful scenery on the hills of Sri Lanka. You will travel through paddy fields, rural mountain villages, waterfalls, tunnels, tea plantation, and more wonderful natural attractions.
What You Can Expect
COLOMBO / KANDY (TRAIN + TUKTUK)
08:45 hours: You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the Fort Railway Station in Colombo by TukTuk. TukTuk is a tranditional Asian vehicle with three wheels.
09:15 hours: Arrive in Fort Railway Station and board the Expo rail or Rajadhani Express leaving for Kandy.
09:45 hours: This train journey is a scenic delight. Morning snack with tea and coffee will be served on-board
12:31 hours: Arrive at Peradeniya Railway Station where you will meet your driver. You will be taken to your hotel in Kandy by TukTuk.
Evening: You will be able to enjoy a city tour of Kandy including Kandy Temple and Cultural show.
Spend Overnight in Kandy. Accommodation is a three star hotel or similar grade on bed & breakfast basis.
KANDY / NUWARA ELIYA (TRAIN + A/C VAN)
Morning: You will be driven to Peradeniya by TukTuk to visit Peradeniya Botanical Garden, one of the best botanical gardens in Asia.
12:00 hours: We will take you to Peradeniya Railway Station and you will take the train to Nanuoya Railway Station on Expo rail. This train journey is the most scenic ride in Sri Lanka. Train leaves Peradeniya at 12:31 hrs and reaches NanuOya at 15:55hrs. Lunch will be provided on-board.
15:55 hours: Arrive at Nanuoya Railway Station where you will meet your driver who will take you to your hotel in Nuwara Eliya by an air conditioned Van.
Spend Overnight in Nuwara Eliya. Accommodation is a three star hotel or similar grade on bed & breakfast basis
NUWARA ELIYA / HORTON PLAINS / NUWARA ELIYA (A/C VAN)
Morning: Make an early start to Horton Plains National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will take a guided walk along the nature trails to a viewpoint known as World’s End (approx. 1 hour & 30 minutes drive).
Afternoon: Visit a tea plantation and factory where the best tea in the world is being produced.
Spend Overnight in Nuwara Eliya. Accommodation is a three star hotel or similar grade on bed & breakfast basis.
NUWARA ELIYA / COLOMBO (TRAIN + A/C VAN + TUKTUK)
Morning: Start your day with a city tour of Nuwara Eliya. Surrounded by hills and tea plantations, the town of Nuwara Eliya enjoys spring-like weather throughout the year.
12:50 hours: You will proceed to Nanuoya Railway Station and take the train back to Colombo. Train Leaves Nanuoya Railway Station at 13:50 pm.
21:00 hours : Arrive at the Fort Railway Station in Colombo where your driver awaits to transfer you back to your hotel in Colombo by TukTuk. Lunch, Dinner, Tea and Coffee will be provided on-board.
You centrally located hotel in Colombo
Bandaranaike International Airport or your hotel in Colombo
- 3 nights accommodation on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Colombo
- Train tickets with meals, tea and coffee
- Local transportation between hotel and railway station or attractions by TukTuk or A/C Van
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff
- Tips to guides, restaurants, and hotel lobby. Tipping is expected
- Any others expenses not mentioned in the Inclusions section
- Booking should be done at least 14 days prior to the tour starting date in order get train tickets. Once the tickets are purchased, payment will not be refunded due to the cancellation of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee
2-Day Galle Tour from Colombo by Train
4-Night Sri Lanka Tour from Colombo
4-Day Rail Tour – Sri Lanka Countryside